Santiago / Lima
Full Job Description
DANAConnect id looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will be working closely with the Development team on a complex AWS-hosted application where downtime equals lost revenue to ensure the environment is built, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. You will help drive decisions on right-sizing servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability and security. If you’re ready to join a smaller team where you can make a bigger impact, we want to meet you!
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of the DevOps Engineering team, you will:
- Run Linux-based systems in a production environment.
- Run Kubernetes in a production, customer-facing environment.
- Debug complicated issues with others in a group setting.
- Learn new tools and technologies to serve new purposes.
- Support all components in our Amazon infrastructure.
- Manage overall site availability, latency, and system health.
- Manage monitoring environments determining alert strategies and tuning them in production.
- Monitor and troubleshoot site performance issues.
- Monitor for server and software vulnerabilities and manage upgrade and patching efforts.
- Develop and manage configuration scripts for Amazon hosted infrastructure.
- Work closely with the development team and management to ensure high availability and security.
- Maintain cloud-based servers patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, provision new servers, configure firewalls, configure monitoring systems.
- Respond to alarms and outages on an as-needed basis.
- Demonstrate experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins preferred)as well as some of the following: AWS (eks, ec2, s3, ami), some infra automation tool (chef, ansible, terraform, puppet, salt), some cicd automation (Jenkins, etc)
Qualifications and Skills
- English – Full professional proficiency
- 4 years as a system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems.
- 2+ years running production systems on AWS.
- Experience with Docker experience a plus
- Experience with site monitoring and log monitoring tools a plus
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Fully Remote